1st Bn., 9th Mar., Dragon Plt. Weblog

A Bulletin Board for 1/9 Dragons and that 81(Woody) more are welcome

20070923

Reunion

I'm not sure if I will be able to attend this reunion, but I have a spare two cents even if I don't. I'm sorry to hear that the West Coast "thing" fell through. I like the San Diego idea. Lake Tahoe sounds good, too. There is always later.

Convenience for those who are flying and only have the weekend is the most important thing for me in selecting a location. After talking with Bill Weidow, I understand that air travel into Jacksonville, N.C. is fairly easy.

The important thing for now is reaching out to EVERYONE you know of to determine prospective attendees. Knowing how many people may be there gives you a perspective scale for making arrangements for lodging and meals. Most people should still be "reachable" on the data from five years ago. It would be nice if those who won't be able to attend could send some pictures and a note regarding their lives since they got out of the Marines.

Speaking personally, I am not that much on formality. I would be happier reserving tables at an all-you-can-eat buffet or a pizza joint than reserving a banquet room at a hotel. A barbecue or picnic in a park is OK with me, as well.

I'm not a bar kind of guy, either. Depending on how many people confirm attending, I would be interested in possibly reserving a gathering room in a hotel, full-time, or, at least for the evenings. I would feel more comfortable drinking the beer I like in a room that is for us, and only us, rather than being at the mercy of a hotel bar. Last reunion, Mike Gerth showed up with a truck load of beer. Sadly, Mike Gerth drove home with the same truck load of beer. If I do attend this reunion, I look forward to the possibility of drinking more Yuengling, if possible. Yuengling is great beer. Do they have Yuengling in North Carolina?

It would be nice to set up communications for anyone who may be able to arrive earlier for the reunion. I had no idea anyone else would show up early for the last one. Knowing who to look for, where, and when would be helpful for those who have more time to dedicate to the reunion.