1st Bn., 9th Mar., Dragon Plt. Weblog

A Bulletin Board for 1/9 Dragons and that 81(Woody) more are welcome

20041207

Want to help?

Howdy fell's. I have an idea. There have been a number of books published over the year's called Letters Home. These are books that have compiled letter's from service men who wrote home while in combat over sea's. My idea is to collect as many poem's from service men and women and make a book. All proceed's would go to the Semper Fi Fund, which help's parent's, wife's and the like with air fare so they can be at their wounded loved one's bedside while they recover. This mean's a lot to me because my brother was unable to get back to Bethesda on his own, but thank's to the fund he was able to be back there for 10 day's. Now in case any of you think this is just an idea not going anywhere I've already spoken with the Marine causulity unit at Bethesda and they are really jazzed, I've also spoken with the Public affairs and media liaison here in Portland and he assure's me that once I put this together he has contact's with various media outlet's. I would really like any contribution's of poetry any of you may have written.

send your poetry to:
Allan R. Wood
1714 N.E. 46th ave.
Portland, Or.
97213

If you would like your poem back, or if you would like to know if your poem will be in the book send a stamped self addressed envelope. This could really be something we old Jarhead's could do to show our support.

Semper Fi
Allan"Woody"

P.S. you can submit your poem anonymously, or include your name rank and year's you served let me thank you all in advance for your support. Also call up some of the guy's if you have their number who don't visit this site let them know what's up.