1st Bn., 9th Mar., Dragon Plt. Weblog

A Bulletin Board for 1/9 Dragons and that 81(Woody) more are welcome

20041202

Howdy from the Great Northwest

Howdy everybody hope all is well. Cpl Paul"the nephew" is doing as well as to be expected. If his latest surgery works out he will be able to keep his leg, and after a year or so of therapy if he can meet the physical requirements then he can stay in if he chooses. Hey Sgt Major Andy I know your up there on the pay grade scale, if you could make a call to someone, my nephew says he's been at Bethesda for over 2 weeks and he still has'nt gotten a decent sponge bath.
I thought I'd try something new. Since I fancy myself a writer I thought I'd put up a poem of mine from time to time, be honest but gentle with your comments.


THE OCEAN

The ocean's insistent roar beckon's me,
hesitantly I approach, humbled by such power.

Cobalt , turquiose,and shades of blue yet unnamed
a palette of color blend's together as though an artist gone mad.

Earth and sea meet, the kiss of foam upon the sand
like a lover's touch demanding but gentle.

White caps and breakers longing for the sky,
fugitives who yearn for their cumulous brother's above

The ocean call's to me a siren song I cannot ignore

The ocean calls to me I shall linger here no more.

So tell me what you think I know that this peom of mine is a bit T.S.Elliot but it's mine and I like it.

Have a great holiday season!!!!!!!
Allan"Woody"