1st Bn., 9th Mar., Dragon Plt. Weblog

A Bulletin Board for 1/9 Dragons and that 81(Woody) more are welcome

20050701

Ouch Dale - that hurt. I reported to Okinawa in July of 2001. 2 months later, the whole world changed. Those marines stateside have had the opportunity to deploy in combat 1-3 times since. I was able to get off Okinawa - finally, and now it will soon be my turn. It is great to see so many young Marines with so many medals. I have a LCPL, who has already deployed to Iraq 2 times, in less then 3 years. Many have combat decorations for valor, and purple hearts. The Corps will be well served for the next 2 decades with combat vets. As to the Colonel, he is a Marines Marine, and has served in most every conflict in his 28 years. I simply plan to strap on, hold tight, and go for the ride of my life.

Andy