1st Bn., 9th Mar., Dragon Plt. Weblog

A Bulletin Board for 1/9 Dragons and that 81(Woody) more are welcome

20050610

I had a great time in Boston and NY. Prior to departing, my wife and I got to spend a few hours with "Big Dough" and his family at the beach. Bill Weidow is doing well, and it was great to have the chance for a visit.

I did not get to see anybody in Boston due to my heavy schedule. But, I did get to have lunch with Otto and his great looking daughter in NY. Once we pulled in to NY on the USS JFK, the CO and I stayed in the Hilton, and both of our wives flew in. We had at least 2 socials every day and night, and all the Marines were involved in Parades, and doing quick TV spots on all the morning TV shows. I even had the chance to tour and meet several of the FOX news crew in their studio. The CO and I posed with our arms around Julliette from the Fox and Friends weekend morning show. For a die hard conservative like myself, meeting folks from FOX was the best part of the trip.

My wife and I did manage to squeeze in one night ride through Central Park on a horse drawn carriage (Im good to go for many months in the romantic category). Getting up early every morning and running through the park was great, and following up with a bagel from the street vendors completed my mornings. It sure beat running in circles for 45 minutes in the hangar bay of the carrier.

I hope you are now a Capt, Dave. Im sure you have worked hard, and it is a well deserved promotion.

Sounds like you had a fun time in Florida Dale. I know the feeling of how tiring it is keeping up with youngsters in a amusement park. Plus, I will be 48 next week. It may be even harder trying to keep up with the young Marines when we deploy next year.

George - Sorry we could not hook up in Boston, but maybe later this year we could all meet in a neutral site.

Woody - I do not really remember you, but good luck in being a "liberal".........lol. That is a rare breed here in a "red state".

Andy