1st Bn., 9th Mar., Dragon Plt. Weblog

A Bulletin Board for 1/9 Dragons and that 81(Woody) more are welcome

20041125

Happy Turkey Day!!!

Hello Leathernecks,
I hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving and reminding themselves of all the things to be thankful for. I am truly grateful to be alive and in fairly decent health and thankful that I have real friends and loving children in my corner when the going gets tough and I want to throw a pity party for myself.
I recently found out that I will be reverting back to Sergeant soon and while it was quite a blow to the old EGO, I realize that the same God that was in charge when I got the temporary position is the same one in charge now and since he runs the universe and not I , maybe I should just do what he puts before me. It's been a great learning experience and a challenging opportunity. I can only pray for his will for me and the power to carry it out.
Just thought I would share this with you guys to let you know that shit still happens and thus we grow.
My eldest son completed his freshman season with the best rushing/touchdown record the school has had in years. His team was undefeated in league play. The other two will play in bowl games this weekend and will end another chapter in the Bomer boys football saga. Once again, "One Proud Pop".
George, you take good care of yourself and I want you to know that I am truly thankful for your friendship and all the "foxhole" time we spent together. You are the glue that holds us together and I want to go on record as saying I for one really appreciate it. If you ever need anything do not hesitate to let me know. If it is in my power to do so you can consider it done.

Woody, glad to hear your nephew is doing better. Let him know we "Peace Time Marines" really appreciate the sacrifice. Let's try to get him to blog so we can stay abreast of what's happening in the new Corps.

Steven B., Que Paso Bro? When we gonna get started on Capistrano West?
Big Dow, Andy, T.C., Sulli,Dan the Man, BC, Pete,and the rest. Holla at your Boy!!!!!
I hope everyone has a productive weekend........LOL........ and as usual

Semper Fidelis