1st Bn., 9th Mar., Dragon Plt. Weblog

A Bulletin Board for 1/9 Dragons and that 81(Woody) more are welcome

20041114

Nephew wounded in Iraq

Hey guy's sorry I did'nt get on here and wish all of you a happy V. Day, I hope you all had a good one, and needless to say Iam proud to have served with all of you. Some of you know my nephew is in Iraq. Well now he's in Germany in the hospital with his right lower leg shattered by 2 A.K. bullets. I know the political scene in this country is a mess and I do my best not to get on a soapbox but now my family has been shot and I'm a little pissed. We had the men and the logistics to do this Fallujah Op. a month ago according to my nephew, but for some weird reason we did'nt go in till after the election. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that if the op started before the election and it turned into a bloodbath it would have hurt W,s chance,s.

My nephew is a grown man, and no one forced him into the Corps. He did his duty and I will not dishonor his sacrifice by pissing and moaning about the political stuff. I hope all of you are well and say a prayer for the young men and women that serve our country.