1st Bn., 9th Mar., Dragon Plt. Weblog

A Bulletin Board for 1/9 Dragons and that 81(Woody) more are welcome

20070830

RETIRED

Greetings to all. Its been well over a year since my last post.
I finally decided to put the old boots in the closet for the final time, and I retired
on 7 Aug. By the time I'm finished with terminal leave, I will have served 28
years, and 11 months.

We are having a big house built here in Jacksonville, and we plan
on staying here for at least 8 more years. I'm looking at getting a job on
Base at the same place "Big Dow" works. His family and mine spend almost
every weekend together. It is great to have a friend in the area from my
first unit in the Corps.

My wife retired after 23 years in the USN last year, and now works as a Federal
Investigator doing background checks for security clearances. My oldest son is a Freshman
in college, and 2nd son is a Senior in HS, and my daughter just started HS.

I look forward to taking a month or two off, then back to the daily grind, and
starting my new life as a civilian.

I wont be a stranger on this site, and hope to see many postings from the old gang.