1st Bn., 9th Mar., Dragon Plt. Weblog

A Bulletin Board for 1/9 Dragons and that 81(Woody) more are welcome

20050127

I don't know what to say?

That got your attention did'nt it! Thank all of you for your support and prayers I'm sure my nephew will be allright in time. Dave I can't imagine how you do your job, I know there must be a lot of joy helping people but the dead and wounded must wear on you. 34 of our brothers were killed in Iraq yesterdayand I'm starting to get a little pissed, I allways try and avoid to much political talk on here but what the hell here goes.

Twenty some years ago I took an oath to defend my country against all enemies foriegn and domestic, I know all the Marines of today take that oath also. The thing I don't get is since we've now been told by people like Colin Powell that there were no WMD's, no conection to 9/11 or Al Queda why the hell are our bro's still fighting and dying? I want to know how many more lives will be sacrificed American and Iraqi. I want to know when did we become nation builders? I want to know how the hell do you shove democracy down people's throats? Did we all become so scared after9/11 that we will believe anything we are told, were we so angry at the attack on our country that we thought some where in the backs of our minds that someone had to pay? Will we become the very country we fought a revolution over, remember there was a time in history when England sought to rule the world. OK I'm done I wish everyone the best and once again I thank all of you for your love and support.
Semper Fi
Allan"Woody"