1st Bn., 9th Mar., Dragon Plt. Weblog

A Bulletin Board for 1/9 Dragons and that 81(Woody) more are welcome

20041215

Merry Xmas!!!

Have any of you out there noticed that each year the words merry Xmas seem to be disappearing from our collective vocabulary. Have we gotten so damn politicly correct that heaven forbid we offend someone with that simple yet very meaningful salutation? I don't get upset when I hear happy Hannuka, for our jewish frinds out there I'm sure I just misspelled your holiday of lights. Have we forgotten that over the years this holiday is about sharing our love with our familys and others, I know I'm a bit of a heathen and rarely do I consider this just a celebration of J.C.s birthday. We run around maxing out our credit cards, wondering to ourselves if we have done enough, hoping we don't get that look of disappointment when the present we bought just dose'nt quite live up to the receivers expectations. This year I'm sending the money I would have spent on Xmas to the Semper Fi fund, I know my wife will understand and if my kids get pissy about it, well those selfish little so and so's will just have to get over it. Actually I know they won't mind because of what happened to their cousin the one thing I have been able to do is raise some wonderfull children despite the fact they have a nut job for a father. I wish all of you the happist of holidays. If you wish to help our bro's and their family's visit www.semperfifund.org.
Love and best wishes
Allan"Woody"