1st Bn., 9th Mar., Dragon Plt. Weblog

A Bulletin Board for 1/9 Dragons and that 81(Woody) more are welcome

20030228

My nightmare.
After work on Wed. I was playing with James then sat down to watch the news,
Diane went into the kitchen to make dinner and James was playing nintendo.
My daughter came home from work and asked where James was. Dianes first
reaction was to go out back where she found him floating face down. I ran outside
and started CPR, he had no pulse and was'nt breathing. I continued CPR until the
paramedics arrived. They got him breathing by the time the reached the hospital.
He was airlifted to a hospital with a pediatric I.C.U. His physical recovery was
remarkable which gave us great hope. Unfortunatly he is not responding well
mentally and all we can do is wait. The doctors optimism is fading with each
day that passes. When he is awake he has episodes where his body locks up,
he screams and his heart rate elevates. They say its not seizures but it sure looks like
it. He is still in I C U. We have family and friends with him 24/7. Needless to say my wife
and daughter are a wreck, but I'm trying to keep them from complete breakdown.
We are lucky that we have such good family and friends around us.
By the way, the door he went out was locked but he managed to wiggle out a small
dog door.
The guilt and the pain I feel when I look into that babies eyes is just unbareable.