1st Bn., 9th Mar., Dragon Plt. Weblog

A Bulletin Board for 1/9 Dragons and that 81(Woody) more are welcome

20020906

Just came back from another wake.I'll be better after the funeral.
44 year old guy, roofer, made a mistake, landed on his grape.
Five weeks later-Dead. leaves a wife, and three kids, been doing it for twenty years,
just made a simple mistake. Wake up call...............just do what you know to do.
I cut corners all the time,to increase production, I never put anyone else in danger,
this whole thing makes me think.. What is worth what?The drive to be the best,
should be tempered by providing for your family. A hard pill to swallow. Ala "Hill
Street Blues", be careful out there. I would give my life to save my country,
but sometimes ,those trained like that, lose there life to make their boss money.
This guy was in the NAVY, and worked as such, he ran the jobs and produced the most.
Thats what killed him. Putting the job above personal safety.
Sorry about ranting, this just hit close to home.
I do the same thing all the time. Just mission oriented, can't kill that instinct.
Andy, you got some thoughts? I've been on vacation only once since the last time
I've seen you. Two weeks......in twenty years
sorry for being down, funeral's tomorrow